Freddie believes that we have a moral obligation to protect our environment. With five freeways running through the 52nd District (10, 210, 57, 71, and 60), the effects on air quality are enormous. Childhood asthma and other ailments are rampant in the Inland Empire. He will fight to see that the state is being smart about developing natural resources and reducing our dependency on foreign oil.
In the Assembly, Freddie’s priorities on the environment are:
- Fighting air pollution and decreasing incidences of childhood asthma
- Making sure that area drinking water is clean and safe
- Increasing funds for toxic waste clean-up and oil spills
- Reduce traffic and pollution by creating local jobs
- Invest in developing natural resources and alternative energy sources