As an Emergency Responder, Freddie has dedicated his career to public safety and making his community a better place to live. As a Council member, He helped reverse budget cuts and restored firefighting positions to ensure that shifts were fully staffed and ready to respond to emergency calls.
In the Assembly, Freddie's priorities on public safety are:
- Working to end the cycle of gang violence and illegal drug use
- Keeping convicted sex offenders away from our schools and kids
- Ensuring that our police and firefighters have first-class training and equipment
- Help school districts coordinate better with law enforcement and emergency responders during threats and active shooter situations
- Reduce response times during medical emergencies